Since 1955, Reliable Fire & Security has been providing fire protection and life safety products to the greater Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana areas. We have grown considerably over the years and look to employ those with a strong commitment to our core vision and values. Please feel free to look at our career opportunities and open job positions. Submit your resume for consideration should you find a position that matches your qualifications.
Reliable Fire & Security, headquartered in Alsip, IL, has an outstanding opportunity tailor made for an accounting professional looking to take the next step in their professional career.
- A privately owned company in business for over 50 years
- A highly respected name in the Fire Protection Business
- An employer that offers benefits that include: competitive salary, health, dental, vision, paid-time off, a retirement plan and more
- A growing company looking to add a high-level accounting talent
You are an accounting professional with:
- Proven leadership and supervisory experience in an accounting/financial environment
- A love for business planning, budgeting and cost control. All of the things that get an accountant excited.
- An ability to be a team player, take on multiple tasks and that burning desire to see things through
- The willingness to “get in the trenches” with your staff to get the job done
- A mastery of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- An uncanny ability to build relationships with: staff, stakeholders, board members, clients and external partners
- An understanding of confidentiality and the protocols of protecting sensitive information
The Specifics of the Position:
- Recording of all transactions by implementing disciplines of internal audits, controls and checks across all departments
- Prepare Annual Operating Plans and forecast updates
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of all related business functions
- Develop, improve, analyze and issue timely monthly financial records for the President and Advisory Board of Directors
- Perform monthly financial close activities including update and maintenance of the General Ledger
- Assist in month-end closing activities, including departmental expenses, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and General Ledger accrued accounts
- Interface with outside audit firms(s), banks and lessors, casualty/liability insurance agent(s), credit card companies, and collection agencies.
- Ensure records are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Oversee: accounts payable/receivable, billing, collections and purchasing
The ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries and complaints Have effective and persuasive presentation skills on controversial or complex topics to the President, executive management and the Advisory Board of Directors.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- 3-5 years in a senior level finance or accounting position
- 2-4 years supervisory experience in a financial or accounting environment
- CPA license is a plus, but not required.
Career Level Required Manager (Manager/Supervisor of Staff)
Experience Required 5 to 7 Years
Education Required Bachelor Degree
Job Type Employee
Job Status Full Time
Reliable Fire & Security, headquartered in Alsip, IL, is currently seeking a Purchasing Agent with experience in Inventory Control. Proven working experience as a Purchasing Agent or Manager is required; experience at a distribution/construction company is preferred. Candidate must have familiarity with sourcing and vendor management, streamline processes, reduce costs, and have strong negotiation and networking skills. Ideal candidate will be personable nature, must be accountable, possess organizational skills, wear multiple hats and have a strong work ethic.
Will be responsible for a diverse set of skills which include developing, leading and executing/receiving purchase orders, strategies, inventory administration, monitoring and managing inventory levels.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Daily handling of purchase orders and shipping and receiving paperwork flow.
- Resolve invoicing quantity and/or quality issues.
- Determine appropriate stock levels for inventory items.
- Review and coordinate re-order points for stock items.
- Coordinate/manage/balance inventory cycle counts each quarter.
- Facilitate solutions for inventory quantity discrepancies.
- Interface with suppliers and vendors on equipment specifications and pricing.
- Purchase and maintain control of technician’s truck and tool inventories.
- Facilitate RMA’s.
- Establish purchasing policies and ensure compliance.
- Coordinate/negotiate service contracts
- Coordinate/negotiate building maintenance for organization and tenants
We offer a competitive salary, and excellent benefits including medical, life, dental, vision, LTD, and 401k Plan. EOE
A bachelor degree, minimum of five years of previous experience in purchasing and inventory control is required. Candidate must also have proficiency in Word and Excel.
Service Sales Account Manager
We are expanding our service sales department, so we have immediate openings for 3 experienced service sales account managers.
The responsibilities of the Service Sales Account Manager will be to develop relationships with our existing customer base, Property Managers, Chief Engineers, Long term health care facilities, industrial/commercial properties, in order to, create an opportunity to grow life safety service opportunities, upgrade existing systems and educate our customers. Account managers should have experience selling/correcting customers’ deficiencies which are identified during a customers inspection.
Service opportunities for life safety include Fire extinguishers, fire training, fire alarms, sprinkler, VESDA, suppression and monitoring services.
Experience; a minimum of 3 years of successful end user business to business sales experience.
Candidates must demonstrate their ability to close sales based on value not price.
If you’re a technician, looking to advance your career into sales, this is a golden opportunity.
We offer competitive compensation packages; base plus commission plan that includes accelerators. Benefits; health, life, dental, vision, disability and 401(K) plan. We encourage veterans, minorities and women to apply. Visit our website at www. Reliablefire.com for more information about our Company. Resumes can be sent to email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Fire Alarm Sales Integrator
Reliable Fire & Security, has immediate openings for entry level and experienced fire alarm sales representatives in the Chicago/NW Indiana area. All applicants will prospect for new customers, qualify high-rise opportunities, establish relationships with end users and work aggressively with A & E Firms and Electrical Contractors. Past experience with Notifier or Fire-lite products is preferred but not necessary. Experience with High End Intelligent Fire Alarm systems, Voice Evacuation, Video and Card Access is a plus.
We offer sales training and in-house support to create a sales growth process essential for revenue growth. We offer a competitive compensation package, starting at 45K, excellent benefits; health, dental, vision ,life, disability and 401(K) plan. Visit our website at www.reliablefire.com for more information about our Company. Resumes can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
We encourage women and minority applicants to apply, we are an EEOC employer.
Reliable Fire & Security is a full service fire protection company meeting the fire and life safety needs of the commercial, industrial, municipal, institutional and restaurant markets since 1955. Reliable Fire & Security prides itself in providing customer service that sets us apart from the competition. Our company offers competitive rates, growth opportunity, and great benefits such as: vacation, medical and 401(k).
We have an immediate need for multiple Dispatcher/Customer Service Representatives that have an enthusiastic desire to learn and grow with Reliable Fire & Security. As a Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative you will receive fantastic Employee Benefits such as:
- Major Medical, Dental and Vision
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation/Sick Leave
- Other voluntary benefits
The position of Dispatcher/Customer Service Representative coordinates and monitors progress of scheduled inspection, repair and trouble service calls for Local and National accounts. Works in a customer service center and must coordinate multiple sources of communication that may arrive almost simultaneously. Schedules inspections, repair and trouble calls with the customer.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Dispatch experience is a plus!
- Provide the best in class customer service
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Impeccable communication skills with customers and service team.
- Knowledge of Windows based computer operation and multi-tasking skills
- Great interpersonal skills for working in a team environment
- Must be willing to help with other clerical duties as needed
- Must be willing to work month-end overtime if needed
- Ability to pass background check and drug screen required
- Ability to use a PC, calculator, fax and other standard office machines
Standard Products Division Manager
Here is your opportunity to accelerate your career as a Division Manager! Immediate employment opportunity for an experienced individual to manage, train, and implement all functions as they relate to effectiveness and profitability of all personnel in the Fire Extinguisher, Kitchen Fire Suppression Systems, Emergency Lights service department. The individual will be responsible to coordinate, interact and work with Sales, Scheduling, Shop, and Technician personnel to ensure we exceed our customers’ expectations. Responsibility would include management of our technicians, monitor the quality of the service work performed, communicate effectively and resolve any service issues as required. Individual must possess mechanical and electrical skills. We require a motivated self starter, multi tasker who is capable of enhancing the culture and activities of the service department. We offer a competitive compensation package. Excellent benefits include health, disability, life, dental and a 401k plan. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fire Alarm Sales Representative
Seeking experienced Fire Alarm Sales person with experience in Commercial and/or High Rise Chicagoland market. Experience in fire protection required. Prior sales experience required. We provide a car mileage/gas program, excellent salary and benefits, including health, life, dental and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) plan. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Security Sales Representative
Seeking Security Sales person with experience in Access Control and CCTV. Prior sales experience required. We provide a car mileage/gas program, excellent salary and benefits, including health, life, dental and disability insurance as well as a 401(k) plan. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Seeking experienced individual to fill full time day positions with our Project Management team. Must have excellent administrative, organizational, and technical skills. Prefer individuals with knowledge or experience in the electrical, alarm and security industries, but not required. Individual’s responsibilities will include coordinating, interacting and consulting with the sales team, CAD department and Technicians. Interpersonal and communications skills are essential; a minimum of 5 years experience is required as a Project Manager in the fire and/or security industry. NICET Level II or more in Fire Alarms is a plus.
Service Sales Representative
Responsible for selling new services to our existing customer base and vertical markets, by developing business opportunities with property managers, fire chief engineers and long term health care facilities, etc. Service opportunities for life safety include fire extinguisher sales and service, fire training, fire alarm service, sprinkler service, suppression service and monitoring service. Demonstrated ability to close sales based on value not price. Excellent verbal and written communication skills a must.
Fire Alarm/Suppression Technician
IMMEDIATE employment opportunities available for experienced Fire Alarm/Suppression Installation technicians and Service Technicians. We are a full installation/service provider in the fire protection industry; our portfolio includes: Fire Alarm, Detection, Suppression, Sprinkler Inspections and Security Systems. These opportunities require experience in the fire alarm/fire suppression industry. NICET Certification a plus. Clean driving record required. We provide a company vehicle and offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Growing Fire Alarm, Security and Suppression company has an immediate opening for a System Design Operator. Position (CAD Operator) requires a minimum of 3 years experience in AutoCAD 2000 or higher. Fire alarm, security or suppression experience required. Additional requirements include Microsoft Windows 2000/XP, Microsoft Word, basic low voltage electrical knowledge, basic mechanical piping knowledge, good problem-solving skills, and good math aptitude. The ideal candidate will also be a self-starter with the ability to work in a fast paced environment. NICET Certification a plus! We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits including health, life, dental, LTD, and 401k plan.