|Job Title:||Business Development Consultant-Account Manager|
|Reports to:||Vice President of Sales|
Reliable Fire and Security seeks a dynamic and experienced Business Development Consultant to join our expanding Account Management Division. Business Development Consultants report to and are under the immediate supervision of the Vice President of Sales. The Business Development Consultant will be able to educate and advocate with existing and potential commercial customers in fire protection and life safety goals by serving as the point of contact for information and quote proposals for the following:
- Suppression Systems
- Sprinkler Systems
- Fire Alarm Systems
- Portable Extinguisher Service
- All other services offered by Reliable Fire & Security
Please see below for more information.
- Must possess the ability to act as a liaison between the client and the Company in troubleshooting any issues that arise while securing business.
- Perform detail-oriented searches to prospect market leads, promote and sell services and products on behalf of the company.
- Create a rapport with existing commercial customers to add additional products and services to their accounts and seek out new opportunities.
- Maintain professionalism and have extensive working knowledge of company operations, products, and services.
- Establish a system for problem resolution through investigative tasks, creating solutions and advising to management proposed recommendations.
- Supply accurate estimates for the following:
- Materials and supplies for proposed projects
- Subcontractor cost
- Establish effective communications with company support team to track lead and quote activity and additional sales activity.
- Prepare correspondence, presentations, and proposals by effectively using excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Inform management by sharing reports (travel, phone calls with consumers, sales), through the Outlook program.
- Collaborate with team members to increase sales through team calls on a weekly basis.
- Meet sales development objectives set forth by the company.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal funnel that will support achieving the assigned sales objective. Meet key objectives of Annual Sales Plan.
- Provide a follow-up communication when services/products have been completed.
- Ensure assigned leads are completed on a timely basis.
- Establish budgets with the Company and the client for quote proposals.
- Track evolving trends in in territory areas, management, and competitive programs and/or new companies that offer similar services/products.
- Conduct meetings with management to advise improvements for services and installations.
- Conduct meetings with management to advise the addition of new products.
- Prioritize self-education development for professional skill set and product knowledge.
- Provide availability to attend professional association meetings and networking meetings to gain access to new service and product opportunities.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Five years of business development experience in a related industry with a proven successful record of accomplishment, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of industry specific experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written consumer service communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to manage a variety of situations during the customer service/product purchase process.
- Ability to present content to senior executive leaders.
- Self-disciplined to work with limited supervision.
- Valid driver’s license. The company will administer an MVR report and Drug screen report.
- Thorough understanding of Fire Alarm/Life Safety Systems, Sprinkler Systems and Safety Products.
- Detailed oriented, strong work ethic, motivation to achieve high producing results.
- Strong negotiation and competitive skills.
- Ability to work on projects as a team member to achieve goals.
- Available to travel to consumer company sites as needed.
- Customer Service Experience
- Sales Experience
- Fire Industry Experience
- Paid vacation time
- 8 paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- 401K Program
- Company provided equipment (laptop, cellphone, toll pass, park card, fuel card).
Reliable Fire & Security is a full-service fire protection company meeting the fire and life safety needs of the commercial, industrial, municipal, institutional, and restaurant markets since 1955.
Reliable Fire & Security is an equal opportunity employer and a Certified WBE – Women’s Business Enterprise.