|Job Title:||Business Development Consultant-Deficiency Writer|
|FLSA Classification:||Base Salary Plus Commission|
|Reports to:||Vice President of Sales|
Reliable Fire and Security seeks a dynamic and experienced Deficiency Writer to join our expanding Deficiency Division. Deficiency Writers report to and are under the immediate supervision of the Vice President of Sales. The Business Development Consultant will be able to identify deficiencies from the field technicians, in addition to identifying deficiencies within existing accounts working alongside sales staff to determine proposal (new, existing, past due), consumer experience and retention, consumer leads and additional opportunities to share with the Reliable Team. Please see below for more information.
- Responsible for learning and staying current on product and service knowledge.
- Responsible for learning and understanding pricing structure of the company.
- Deliver accurate proposals on all deficiencies within 24 hours of receiving deficiency opportunity.
- Follow up on all deficiency proposals with customer within 24-48 hours of delivery.
- Submit deficiency proposals that align with Company pricing and estimating procedures.
- Develop & maintain strong relationships with the specified subcontractors.
- Update information in company tracking system for all deficiencies and communicate to management the closing date to ratio metrics.
- Develop and maintain an active proposal funnel that will support achieving the assigned sales objective. Meet key objectives of Annual Sales Plan.
- Submit all required Company documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop a positive rapport with customers to ensure that Reliable Fire & Security is meeting their expectations to ensure long term business.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- One to three years of business development experience in a related business with a proven successful record of accomplishment, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of industry specific experience, preferred.
- Excellent oral and written customer service communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to execute closing deals within the sales process window.
- Ability to manage a variety of situations encountered and potentially unexpected during the sales process.
- Ability to present content to senior executive leaders.
- Self-disciplined to work with limited supervision.
- Valid driver’s license. The company will administer an MVR report and Drug screen report.
- Thorough understanding of Fire Alarm Life Safety Systems, Sprinkler Systems.
- Technical capacity to understand codes (i.e., NFPA, City/Municipal).
- Detailed oriented, strong work ethic, motivation to achieve high producing results.
- Strong negotiation and competitive skills.
- Ability to work on projects as a team member to achieve goals.
- Experience in Fire Industry
- Customer Service experience
- Paid vacation time
- 8 paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- 401K Program
- Company provided equipment (laptop, cellphone, toll pass, park card, fuel card).
Reliable Fire & Security is a full-service fire protection company meeting the fire and life safety needs of the commercial, industrial, municipal, institutional, and restaurant markets since 1955.
Reliable Fire & Security is an equal opportunity employer and a Certified WBE – Women’s Business Enterprise.