|Job Title:||Business Development Consultant-Installation Sales|
|Reports to:||Vice President of Sales|
Reliable Fire and Security seeks a dynamic and experienced Business Development Consultant to join our expanding Installation Sales Division. Business Development Consultants report to and are under the immediate supervision of the Vice President of Sales. The Business Development Consultant will be responsible for the company growth for installation systems with new and existing commercial accounts. Please see below for more information.
- Establish a sales plan to gain market share selling products and services to potential commercial prospects.
- Perform detail-oriented searches to prospect market leads, promote and sell services and products on behalf of the company.
- Meet sales development objectives set forth by the company.
- Conduct on-site meetings with project managers and prepare reports for commercial prospects.
- Establish effective communications with company support team to track lead and quote activity, sales activity, and bid announcements/outcomes.
- Secure and review construction project plans, requirements, drawings, and specifications for developing pricing and proposals, acquiring subcontractor pricing, and complying with code and permit requirements.
- Maintain professionalism when preparing correspondence, presentations, and proposals by effectively using excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Inform management by sharing reports (travel, phone calls with consumers, sales), through the company’s CRM System and other communication disciplines.
- Collaborate with team members to increase sales through team calls on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate the project coordination for installation with company department managers.
- Provide a follow-up communication when service for installation has been completed.
- Ensure assigned leads are completed on a timely basis.
- Track evolving trends in in territory areas, management, and competitive programs and/or new companies that offer similar services and installations.
- Conduct meetings with management to advise improvements for services and installations.
- Conduct meetings with management to advise of emerging new or modified regulations/codes that may impact the company.
- Prioritize self-education development for professional skill set, company product knowledge, and the company vision.
- Submit all required Company documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop a positive rapport with consumers, contractors, and inspection/code enforcement personnel to ensure that Reliable is meeting their expectations to ensure long term business.
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- One to three years of business development experience in a related business with a proven successful record of accomplishment, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of industry specific experience.
- Excellent oral and written customer service communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to execute closing deals within the sales process window.
- Ability to manage a variety of situations encountered and potentially unexpected during the sales and installation process.
- Ability to present content to senior executive leaders.
- Self-disciplined to work with limited supervision.
- Valid driver’s license. The company will administer an MVR report and Drug screen report.
- Thorough understanding of Fire Alarm Life Safety Systems, Sprinkler Systems and other Fire Suppression Systems.
- Technical capacity to understand drawings and codes (i.e., NFPA 72)
- Familiar with reading and understanding construction documents, including bid forms, plans, specifications, contracts, purchase orders and general agreements.
- Detailed oriented, strong work ethic, motivation to achieve high producing results.
- Strong negotiation and competitive skills.
- Ability to work on projects as a team member to achieve goals.
- Fire Alarm Certification
- Customer Service Experience
- Sales Experience
- Fire and Life Safety Industry Experience
Reliable Fire & Security is a full-service fire protection company meeting the fire and life safety needs of the commercial, industrial, municipal, institutional, and restaurant markets since 1955.
Reliable Fire & Security is an equal opportunity employer and a Certified WBE – Women’s Business Enterprise.