|Job Title:||Business Development Consultant-Service Sales|
|Reports to:||Vice President of Sales|
- Reliable Fire and Security seeks a dynamic and experienced Business Development Consultant to join our expanding Service Sales Division. Business Development Consultants report to and are under the immediate supervision of the Vice President of Sales. The Business Development Consultant will be able to educate existing and potential commercial customers in fire protection and life safety. Prepare and present service agreement proposals for the following: Fire Alarm System Test & Inspection Service
- Portable Fire Extinguisher Service Emergency/Exit Sign Service
- Suppression System Test & Inspection Service
- Sprinkler System Test & Inspection Service all other services offered by Reliable Fire & Security
Please see below for more information.
- Perform detail-oriented searches to prospect market leads, promote and sell services and products on behalf of the company.
- Create a rapport with existing customers to expand portfolio of services or products.
- Prospect new commercial accounts.
- Maintain professionalism and have extensive working knowledge of company products and services.
- Establish a system for customer problem resolution through investigative tasks, creating solutions and advising management of proposed recommendations.
- Supply accurate estimates in preparing inspection deficiency quotes for:
- Materials and supplies
- Subcontractor cost
- Conduct on-site surveys to gather information on existing life safety systems to support the quoting process, and to educate the prospect/customer on applicable NFPA codes.
- Establish effective communications with company support team.
- Track leads, quote activity utilizing the CRM program.
- Additionally, utilize the CRM program for service and deficiency quoting across all product lines and depository for account history and sales activities
- Maintain professionalism when preparing correspondence, presentations, and proposals by effectively using excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Inform management by sharing reports (travel, phone calls with, prospects, or existing customer
), through Outlook.
- Collaborate with team members to increase sales through team calls on a weekly basis.
- Facilitate the project coordination for deficiencies and service with internal project management and service coordination teams
- Provide follow-up communication as required
- Ensure assigned leads are completed on a timely basis.
- Track evolving trends in target accounts/market segments, and competitive activities on companies that offer similar services/products.
- Conduct meetings with management to advise improvements for services
- Conduct meetings with management to advise the addition of new products.
- Prioritize self-education development for professional skill set, product knowledge and NFPA code understanding and application.
- Provide availability to attend professional association meetings and networking meetings to gain access to product knowledge, create positive exposure for Reliable Fire & Security, and generate new service opportunities.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical or business discipline or equivalent experience preferred.
- Two to three years of business development experience in a service industry with a proven successful record of accomplishment, preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years of industry specific experience preferred.
- Excellent oral and written consumer service communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software products.
- Ability to execute closing deals within the sales process window.
- Ability to manage a variety of situations encountered and potentially unexpected during the service sales process.
- Ability to present content to senior executive leaders.
- Self-disciplined to work with limited supervision.
- Valid driver’s license. The company will administer an MVR report and Drug screen report.
- Ability to develop understanding of Inspection code requirements for Life Safety systems including Fire Alarms, Sprinkler Systems, Suppression Systems, Fire Extinguishers Emergency/Exit Signs, and other services offered.
- Technical capacity to understand drawings and codes (i.e., NFPA 72)
- Detailed oriented, strong work ethic, motivation to achieve high producing results.
- Strong negotiation and competitive skills.
- Ability to work on projects as a team member to achieve goals.
- Customer Service Experience
- Sales Experience
- Fire Industry Experience
- Paid vacation time
- 8 paid holidays
- Health Insurance
- 401K Program
- Company provided equipment (laptop, cellphone, toll pass, park card, fuel card).
Reliable Fire & Security is a full-service fire protection company meeting the fire and life safety needs of the commercial, industrial, municipal, institutional, and restaurant markets since 1955.
Reliable Fire & Security is an equal opportunity employer and a Certified WBE – Women’s Business Enterprise.