Reliable Fire & Security is growing and as such we are hiring experienced Systems Service technicians. A System Service Technician will be responsible for servicing and inspecting all types of fire alarm, sprinkler, fire suppression systems, security systems, and related systems and products. A technician may also be assigned inspections, installations and/or other service calls, or any other tasks required by the scheduler/service coordinator or division manager.
System Service Responsibilities:
- Service of all types of fire alarm, sprinkler, fire suppression systems, security systems and related systems and products.
- Responsible for accurately completing company profiles, inspection reports, discrepancy reports, service/job work orders, log sheets, and any and all required documentation.
- Inform the office of any necessary changes needed regarding paper work, service procedures or operations relating to customer information and service performed, which will improve department efficiency.
- Exercise professionalism in dealing with customers, employees and management, subcontractors, and vendors, creating a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Coordinate and maintain an open line of communication among the sales force, project managers, technicians, CAD department, other company resources, manufacturers and clients.
- Ability to operate drills, conduit bender, drill presses, cable pullers, meters (volt, OHM, AMP, Meg), hand drills, hand tools, and power tools.
- Manage time in an efficient manner, including but not limited to responding to service calls, the completion and submittal of required documentation, and accountability to all appropriate individuals.
- Responsible for ensuring safety and maintenance of assigned vehicle.
- Keep current on all department procedures, product updates, code changes and NFPA updates.
- Work to identify and develop new customers, fill out lead forms in a manner consistent with office policies and practices.
- Must be able to work overtime as directed in order to meet customer demands.
- Participate in system technician meetings; turn over meetings, system’s training meetings, job status meetings, and manufacturer training as required by management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- High school education or equivalent;
- 2 to 5 years in the fire industry or related business.
- 2 or more years working with computers.
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Able to read and comprehend blueprints and technical documents
- Ability to understand electrical circuitry and electronics
- Geometry, unit conversion, reasoning ability, basic math skills
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, and REGISTRATIONS:
- NICET CERTIFICATION:
- NICET Level I is required within 1 year of hire
- If NICET Level I or better has already been achieved; the next level of NICET certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire
- Factory training and Certifications
- Illinois Fire Equipment Distributors License 1,2, and 3
- State of Illinois PERC Card
- Valid drivers license and good driving record
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Paid Vacation / Sick Leave
- Other Voluntary Benefits
Reliable Fire & Security is a full-service fire protection company meeting the fire and life safety needs of the commercial, industrial, municipal, institutional, and restaurant markets since 1955.
Reliable Fire & Security is an equal opportunity employer and a Certified WBE – Women’s Business Enterprise.