Leak Detection Systems from Permalert
The PAL-AT leak detection system from Permalert features a sensor cable and probe choices to serve a wide variety of applications. The PAL-AT leak detection system consists of a leak detection control panel, sensing cable and probe. The cable and probe are collectively known as the “sensing string.”
Different Cables for Different Applications
There are a variety of sensor cables specifically designed for various liquids:
- AGW is a quick drying leak detection cable that will detect water-based and hydrocarbon fluids.
- AGT is a wicking, leak detection cable designed to detect liquid accumulations at a shallow depth of 1/16 inch of liquid under a raised floor.
- AGC is a wicking cable chemically resistant and designed to detect highly corrosive fluid leaks in clean rooms and under raised floors.
- FGH is a quick drying cable intended for high temperature applications of steam and hot water piping. This cable is rated up to 400° F.
Probes are used to monitor for leaks at specific locations. There are several different leak detection probes available that can be connected in a series to the “sensing string”:
- PHL Probe – this leak detection probe will only detect hydrocarbons, and is typically installed in the interstitial space of double wall tanks.
- PWS Probe – PWS probes detect water-based fluids.
- PHW Probe – this leak detection probe is a float device used to monitor for hydrocarbons in 4″ diameter ground water monitoring wells.
- PFS Probe – PFS leak detection probes are float switches to monitor liquids in manholes, sumps and other applications. It will water and hydrocarbon leaks.
The PAL-AT leak detection system will locate the point of origin of a leak to within 1% of the distance from the last calibration point, or 5 feet, whichever is greater. The control panel can monitor up to eight separate leak detection sensing zones having up to 5,000 ft. of cable. It stores date and time of all significant operating events, including power failure, faults, alarms and silencing. It is protected by a security password to prevent unauthorized tampering or accidental memory erasure.